CMA Music Fest Was a Blast




Great to be back in the anchor chair this morning after an exhausting but truly exhilarating weekend in Nashville at the CMA Music Festival and Fan Fair. We took a few photos along the way and thought you might get a kick out of them.

Three events really stand out for me:

1. Getting to meet and talk with so many of you and your fellow viewers at my Fan Fair booth! Thanks to you sweet, sweet people who stood in line to say hi. You're the reason we get up early to do the news!

2. The City of Hope Celebrity Softball Challenge. Incredible day! I got a hit off of Vince Gill, hung out in the dugout with Scotty McCreery who told me, "My dad and I watch you early every morning!" I said, "Thank you! But why are you up so early as a musician?" He said, "I had to get up for school. I just graduated high school!" HA! Name on detention list vs. name in lights, must be a trip. In case you were wondering... the game was a tie.

3. Performing songs from my debut CD "Brand New Day" with the guys from Sixwire on Sunday! The weather could have been better... (which explains why my hair looked like a firecracker went off) but to all of you who braved the sprinkles, Thank you!

You can see more pix here.

No comments:

Post a Comment