My Teammate David Nail Broke His Finger at City of Hope Softball Game!



Scott Hamilton and I were messing around before the start of the game... but once the competition started things got rough - accidentally of course. More pictures here.

David Nail left Saturday's City of Hope celebrity softball game, with a broken finger.

"Gonna be one handed for a while!"

he Tweeted.

They took him to Vanderbilt University Medical Center where he was treated.

He added via Twitter,

"Thanks for the concern, this is a lesson to not play like you're 18 when you're 33! Fingers crossed for no nerve damage."

Whew! We're all glad for that.

Nail was a ringer because he went to college on a baseball scholarship and he was a STAR for us. He made four sensational catches, but on the fourth his finger got twisted and broke and detached a tendon on his right hand.

He told PEOPLE earlier....

"I don't think I've picked up a bat since last year, which is probably not the best way to prepare for a game," "I think the older you get,the more you try to get through this without being injured. That's my No. 1 strategy."

Whoops. That didn't work out according to his paln

"You put me in the game, and I only know one speed: hard. I only play all-out, and that's what I was doing."

he said in a statement about the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment