Variety (and my bosses) like me! They really do. Variety does a profile.




Variety recently notice Morning Express with Moi, and said some really nice things.
My bosses did too!

I love my job.
Albie Hecht, executive vice president and general manager of HLN, which is part of CNN Worldwide, called me the "best kept secret in morning news.

He also announced in the story that Morning Express with Robin Meade will be road-tripping in the future. I am stoked for that... being able to bring you the news from around the country.


“This is a real alternative to the other shows,” said Hecht, who arrived at HLN in the fall of 2013 to shake up its programming. Meade’s show has been luring new audiences in big cities like Dallas and New York, he said, and even Los Angeles, where insomniacs must be tuning in for the earliest read of the news at 3 a.m. His mission? Giving Meade more resources to build a better show without getting in her way. “She’s an engine that has been running, and you don’t want to screw with that.”

I don't want to be like the other morning anchors. Isn't that obvious?

“There was a time in my career when if there was anything a consultant said, I would take it to heart. I tried to be so perfect to make viewers like me,” she recounted during a quick stop in midtown Manhattan. “I thought if you’d like me, then you’d watch me. If they said, ‘Cut your hair,’ I would lop it off. If they said, ‘Don’t wear red lipstick,’ then I would throw it out. If they said, ‘Don’t laugh,’ even though my laugh is my signature thing, I would not laugh. But what I became on the air was boring. A stuffed shirt. Voice of God. That’s not fun to watch.”


I am focused on a particular kind of viewer.

“In the morning, I think you can take a little bit of everything. The human dynamic is that we are interested for about 20 seconds, and we are on to the next thing,” she said. “When you go to a funeral, you are respectful, and you are there, but you also wonder what’s for lunch. That is the human spirit, the human condition, and so that’s how I do the news, too.” She tries not to give viewers too many consecutive stories about murders, tragedies or gore. And she is conscious that many people watch her while rushing through their morning routine and trying to get out the door.


“I have the strong belief that I do know the morning viewer,” she added. “It’s not that I’m necessarily the gatekeeper or that I keep news away from people, but I definitely have an idea as your ‘emotional guardian’ in the morning. I’m going to hold your hand through it,” she said. “There are some more details, but let’s wait until noon.”

Of course, I'm also doing my singing and songwriting...

“I’m lucky to have bosses that don’t put me in a box, and say, ‘No, you can’t do that

Read the rest of the interview here... http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/hln-robin-meade-morning-express-1201628842/

No comments:

Post a Comment